General advice for learning continuity
- Opportunities for students to read independently or with an adult.
- All students at Emu Park have access for ebooks and audio books through Reading Eggs or the SORA app.
- Consider joining your local library and accessing ‘Borrow Box’, for a collection of eBooks and audiobooks, which may be downloaded to computers and compatible mobile devices to support your readers at home.
- Encourage students to read instructions for building Lego, playing games or cooking.
- Take the opportunity to write emails, postcards and letters to relatives.
- Engaging your child in writing activities e.g. journals, writing a shopping list, write a persuasive letter to the newspaper.
- Exploring opportunities to engage in everyday mathematics e.g. money, number facts, cooking involving measurement and problem solving
A suite of curriculum resources providing opportunities and resources for students to continue their learning while not being able to access a school have been developed by The Department of Education.
These materials are designed as a support tool for students to engage in familiar activities essential to their learning and wellbeing. The included tasks and activities allow students to work at their own pace from home.
These materials include many activities, lessons and learning objects that address elements of the Australian Curriculum.
Students require their school login details to access this resource. This is available for students in PREP to Year 6.
Students may require adult support to read and understand instructions and write responses. Detailed lesson instructions, helpful information, teaching tips and answers are provided.
The lessons for Years 4–6 are independent student materials written for a child to work through independently although students may require support at times. They contain a complete set of student resources, teaching episodes and learning objects.
Additional links to support learning at home
The below provides you with links to additional websites for student learning.
Students at Emu Park have access and login details to:
- The Learning Place
- Sora sites. Click here for details
We have included a number of other Educational sites and apps that you and your children may find engaging. For a number of these links you will need to create a login for your child. We advise that you use your personal email and setup these accounts for your child these websites are not school purchased sites. As some of these are not a school purchased or subscribed sites we recommend parents preview the site and supervise their children when using the internet.
Help links to get you started at home
Click here to download a word file with music activities.
Department of Education and School Subscriptions
Free Web Pages and apps
Sites that require a personal log in / subscription (most currently free)