Participation in our Senior Leader's Program is open to all Emu Park State School students who have achieved their Gold Personal Achievement Award and have displayed appropriate behaviours during Year 5 and will be entering Year 6. Participation by all students is encouraged. Students who successfully complete the program are considered as Senior Leaders and will receive a Senior Leader Badge. This position comes with certain responsibilities, rewards and opportunities not always available to other students. Senior Leaders are also eligible to apply for School Captain, House Captain and Music Captain positions.
Senior Leaders demonstrate:
- Consistent adherence to school rules, values and habits.
- Very high level of leadership skills.
- Very high level of responsibility and willingness to commit to activities associated with the role.
- Interpersonal skills within the community.
- Very high level of personal presentation – always wears school uniform with pride.
- Willingness to commit to and participate in school activities including willingness to work behind the scenes to set up and clean up from activities days.
- Regular attendance at school.
The Senior Leader qualities described above must be maintained consistently throughout the length of the leadership. Should behaviour not meet expectations, Senior Leader Badge and position privileges may be reconsidered.
During Term 4 of Year 5 students are encouraged to complete the Senior Leader Badge Accreditation form. Successful applicants who nominate for a captain position will be invited to present a short speech to the students and staff. A ballot is held of Year 5 students and staff.
Year 6 students who meet the Senior Leader criteria are welcome to apply throughout the year.