Our staff have been at work this week preparing lessons and the school environment for our students as they do every year. The difference this year, as indicated by the Queensland Government, not all students will be returning to school next week. Children of essential workers and vulnerable children are able to attend our school for supervision by school staff. All other students are to commence on the 7th of February. Students do not have to be vaccinated to attend school.
In practical terms, for the next two weeks, we are unable to predict how many students will be attending from day to day, as well as how many staff will be absent due to illness. To cater for this ever changing situation the following is in place for those students starting next week.
As students arrive they are to report to the following areas:-
- Prep and Year 1 students to report to the Prep Area
- Year 2,3&4 to report to VW Block verandah
- Year 5&6 to report to under X Block
As normal our school opens for students from 8:15. There is limited supervision at this time so students are required to remain calmly in their designated areas. Students are welcome to bring their books and supplies and we will ensure these get to the students classroom in preparation for their leaning when school formally commences on the 7th.
Students attending during the first two weeks will not be in their designated room or with their designated teacher. These rooms and teachers will be changing daily according to attendance. School uniform is required and the Tuckshop will be open through the QKR! Application.
Parents are welcome into our school and we ask that you follow these protocols.
- Masks are not required in outside areas but if you enter the classroom to settle your child please wear a mask.
- Parents are not required to be vaccinated to attend the school, however if a parent wishes to assist in the class as a helper they must be vaccinated and signed in through the administration building. School staff are not required to wear a mask during instruction.
We are all looking forward to having all of our students back on the 7th.